Like any other operating systems, Windows 8 too takes up its bit of space on your hard drive when it is installed. As the user installs more programs and saves more data into the computer, the overall performance is likely to diminish over a period of time. As more programs get installed, the hard drive space gets used up. And over the period of time, the system creates a lot of backlogs automatically that gets accumulated eating up the hard drive space. So to make maximum use of disk space you need to do a regular disk clean up to get more usable space.
Here we will discuss how to free up hard disk space in Windows 8. You can clean up disk space by using different methods. Windows 8 support inbuilt system utilities like Disk Cleanup that can help you to free up more space on your hard drive.
- Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner and select Control Panel or tap on the Setting icon and select the Control Panel which is on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the Control Panel, select System and Security category.
- Now you will get a different tool box and from it, select the Administrative Tools category and click the Free up Disk Space tab.
- This will launch the Disk Cleanup tool. If your hard drive is partitioned into more disk drives, it will ask you which drive to clean up. From the drop-down menu in the cleanup tool, select the particular drive.
- Select (C:)drive and click OK.
- After you select the drive, the system calculates how much free space you can save. It displays a list of directories which tells
you exactly what all files will be deleted.
- Select all the check box to delete all those unnecessary junk files from the computer.
- Click OK. Windows will ask to confirm if you really want to delete the files. Press OK again to confirm.
- If you see Clean up System Files button, select it as it will delete those accumulate backlogs created by the system which saves considerable amount of dick space.
- Click the Delete Files button to perform deletion.
You will now have enough free space on your hard drive that can be used for other useful purposes. Windows 8 support such very useful system utilities that easily take care of such hardships without much trouble. Do this and make use of the maximum space on your disk.